- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 21 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 32 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 34 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 36 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 38 days ago
Opened in 1965, Scotty’s Drive-in is reportedly the third oldest remaining restaurant in Bismarck. It was the second drive-in to open in Bismarck (after Big Boy in 1955). Scotty’s expanded in 1985 to, for the first time, include indoor seating and most recenlty added drive-through service.
Scotty’s serves a standard “fast food” menu, cooked fresh. One of its most famous menu offerings is the Rebel Burger, named after local KFYR Radio personality “Ol’ Reb” Jack Fisher.
The restaurant changed hands in 2007 after a 35-year ownership by the Roehrichs. The new owners, David and Nancy Turner, have completed several renovations, including replacing the original sign. A drive-through was added in 2008, around the same time Scotty’s added breakfast items to its menu.
Scotty’s was once a regional restaurant chain, with locations in at least six states, however the Bismarck location is now one of only three known survivors, all of which have no connection to each other. There were four operating locations up until 2009, when the location in Aberdeen, SD switched names and formats.
It is not uncommon to see classic cars in Scotty’s parking lot, especially during an annual event for which Scotty’s sponsors.