- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 21 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 32 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 34 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 36 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 39 days ago
The Walrus Restaurant
The Walrus is a local restaurant that was opened by Randal “Wally” Walz in 1995 at Arrowhead Shopping Plaza. The Walrus is primarily known as an Italian restaurant, however serves a wide-range of items including burgers, steaks, and seafood. The restaurant’s new owners have recently added Thai, Indian and Southwestern cuisines to its menu.
The former head chef of the Walrus opened DiDonna’s Restaurant in 2004. In 2009, the Walrus underwent new ownership, purchased by an existing employee.
The space that now occupies The Walrus held various other prior tenants, including Gizmo’s Pizza & Video for a short time just before The Walrus.
Walrus founder, Randal Walz, had come to Bismarck in 1992 as the manager of the city’s first Applebee’s.