- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 17 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 28 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 30 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 32 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 34 days ago
L.J. Anderson Building / International Harvester Company
The International Harvester Company was a national manufacturing company, specializing in agricultural machinery and construction equipment. The company was based in Chicago, however had a branch in Bismarck for many years.
International Harvester Company was formed when J.P. Morgan purchased McCormick Harvesting Machine Company, Deering Harvester Company, and three smaller companies in 1902 and reorganized them under the same banner. International Harvester sold its Agriculture business in 1985 and soon after changed its name to Navistar International Corporation.
International Harvester had constructed its local warehouse in 1905 on the corner of Main Avenue and Mandan Street. That building now houses apartments and several businesses, including an antique store and Dave’s Hobbies.
The company’s showroom, which was operated as the IH McCormick Store, was located on the corner of Broadway Avenue and Mandan Street and recently became a showroom for One Source Lighting. Prior to that, the building was home to an automotive supply store.